Already have a Username/Password for Utah Foreign Language Review?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- UNPUBLISHED WORK: The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- LANGUAGE: Essays be written in English, Spanish, French or German.
(Other languages, especially Arabic, Chinese, Russian, may be accepted if we are able to meet editorial requirements in that language for the current issue.)
- ABSTRACT: Include a one paragraph abstract (300 words max).
If the submission is in a language other than English, provide a high quality English translation along with the original.
- MLA STYLE: Essays should not exceed 20 pages or (approx. 6,500 words) and conform to to standard MLA Style guidelines. Works Cited and Endnotes (no footnotes) are complete properly formatted.
- FILE FORMAT: Files will be submitted in DOCX (MS Word) format. No other formats will be accepted. The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- PEER REVIEW: If submitting to the ESSAYS section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed. (All personally identifying information has been removed from abstracts and uploaded documents.)
- USER REGISTRATION: Names, academic affiliation, email and mailing addresses provide at registration are complete, accurate and current. This information will be kept current throughout the editing/publication process, as these will be the only means of communication between UFLR editors and the Author.
UFLR is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License:
Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
For more information on the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License, please visit: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/
UFLR does not retain any copyright to the authors' original work. As per the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License, you may may use portions of the articles published herein with proper attribution as published in UFLR. As UFLR does not retain the copyright to the author's original work, anyone interested in republishing or altering the original work in any way must contact the author or indicated right holder directly for permission.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.